Job Title: Field Coordination and Business Operations Specialist
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: UN Resident Coordinator and Head of the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
BoS Implementation: Provide OMT with technical business operation support including planning, implementation and monitoring/evaluation in collaboration with the various OMT working groups: a) Common Procurement; b) Common Human Resource management; Common Logistics and Administration; d) Common ICT; e) Common Finance; and f) HACT (in collaboration with programme colleagues):
- Lead the OMT toward strategic operations planning and prioritization including the Business Operations Strategy (BoS), the Annual Work Plans (AWPs) in accordance with UNDG/DOCO’s Delivering as One and Operating as One guidelines
- Provide technical guidance and supervision to the OMT technical working groups for planning and implementing their various annual work plans in accordance with the BoS.
- Ensure the scrupulous implementation and tracking of common operational agreements including LTAs, MoUs, Contracts; maintaining regular data on usage, cost, performance both at Kampala and field locations;
- Support the OMT in the full implementation of its terms of reference.
Knowledge Management System and Reporting: In collaboration with OMT leadership, lead periodic operational reporting at Uganda and UNDG/DOCO level:
- Lead periodic reporting against BoS implementation including the use of common LTAs, MoUs, etc. using the UN Uganda Knowledge Management System and the UNDG UNInfo global reporting platforms;
- Develop relevant specific reports to address specific OMT and UNCT needs
Field Programme Coordination and BoS Implementation: Coordinate UN field level Programme coordination and harmonization (BoS implementation) in collaboration with the UN Area Coordination System (UNAC) and the OMT:
- Collaborate with the UNACs and OMT and ensure BoS implementation at the field level including LTAs, MoUs and common Contracts implementation;
- Lead field engagements around addressing staff operational needs including access to basic services (transport, healthcare, recreation, etc.) bringing them to the attention of the OMT and the UNCT
Collaborate with relevant working groups and ensure the conduct of operational campaigns including health campaigns, UN Cares and HIV/AIDS campaigns,
UN Cares Programme Coordination: In collaboration with the RCO, OMT and UNAIDS, coordinate UN Cares activities in Uganda including:
- Coordinating the UN Cares Team in Uganda
- Draft and implement yearly work plans and budgets
- Ensure resource mobilization for UN Cares activities within the OMT and UNCT
- Coordinate and conduct activities aimed at staff wellness, as well as to, reduce the impact of HIV in the UN Workplace by supporting “universal access” to a comprehensive range of benefits known as the 10 minimum standards.
UN Common Premises Management: In collaboration with various agencies and OMT working groups, the position shall:
- Lead Common Premises and Facilities Management including tracking of common rental agreements, space requirement and usage, utilities management and reporting;
- In collaboration with various OMT working groups (Procurement and Administration), ensure common operational agreements are in place within the common premise setting that facilitates operational harmonization, including LTAs, MoUs, Contracts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the United Nations UNDP Field Coordination and Business Operations Specialist job placement should hold an advanced university degree (Master) or its equivalent, preferably in the fields of Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, Social sciences, International relations, political sciences or related field.
- Five years with Master’s Degree, 6 years with specialized license in the relevant area and 7 years with Bachelor’s degree years of experience in development operations, coordination and programme management preferably with experience working with the UN or international institutions at the international level. A first degree with 10 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Previous experience from Uganda, Eastern Africa or the African region would be a plus
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 12th October 201