Job Title: Field Data Assistant
Organisation: SeaOwl Energy Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Data Analyst
SeaOwl manages the complete recruitment cycle from sourcing, recruitment, mobilization and personnel planning for energy customers. It is specialized in highly-skilled profiles and the underlying activity of designees / staff mainly covers drilling and off-shore oil rig management. It also provides scalable, integrated operations & maintenance resources and services covering the lifecycle of energy assets, as well as tele-operated surveillance and maintenance services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with responsible parties to capture related data in company Data Management System for data integration, aggregation, transformation, and calculations as well as for data dissemination.
- Run defined validation checks on incoming data from ongoing field operation activities to ensure completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of the data.
- Assist in the maintenance of referential metadata pertaining to the collected datasets by the department. Implement policies and processes for effective data handling, in accordance with Information protection policies.
- Monitor data from field contractors on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis and provide substantive inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making.
- Conduct compliance inspections on data management to enhance adherence to data management standards.
- Support the communication of data and metadata availability and facilitates navigation of data to end users.
- Coordinate responses to internal and external data requests, including data exchange with other department sections.
- Act as a liaison between the Kampala H3SE data team and the Site H3SE team regarding their data needs.
- Organize, preserve and file appropriately all hard copies of related documents in line with the available company procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Data & Information Management, or related field of study such as Environment and Social Studies discipline is highly desirable.).
- At least five years of experience in compliance field reporting of project activities such as environment and societal.
- Demonstrated ability in project management working in remote and challenging environments with rural communities, civil societies, Central and Local Governments as well as good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, be comfortable handling large data sets in a production environment.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail, ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks effectively, and be flexible under pressure.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to: [email protected]
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for