Job Title: Field Finance Manager
Organisation: American Bar Association (ABA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
American Bar Association is committed to serving its members, our profession and the public by defending liberty and delivering justice as the national representative of the legal profession.
Job Summary: The American Bar Association, Rule of Initiative (ABA ROLI) is seeking a Field Finance Manager (FFM) to support its program from its office in Kampala. The FFM will be responsible for supporting a range of finance and logistics matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement administrative systems, including personnel, finance, budgeting, property, customs/shipping, procurement, travel, and mail.
- Prepare monthly payslip and payments to tax and social security offices.
- Organize expense receipts, assign budget codes, input key information into Quickbooks.
- Compile monthly expense report and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare the monthly cash forecast.
- Ensures compliance with organization’s procurement policies and proper allocation of costs for procurement.
- Assist the Program Manager with the office banking including drafting of checks, inter-bank transfers and other banking documents.
- Maintains administrative records through both electronic and hard copy means. Fully ensures the confidentiality of records.
- Obtains pro forma quotes from vendors on the local market for goods and services.
- Maintains inventory for office.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with government offices, banks and vendors.
Logistical support to program
- Support planning and implementation of project activities including workshops, trainings, and meetings
- Make logistical arrangements to support project activities
- Attend program events to assist the Program Manager on logistical matters.
- Create checklists and track travel and workshop logistics
- Interface with program partners on workshop, travel, and other logistics
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance or related field.
- A minimum of two years of proven administrative or assistant experience. Experience with NGOs and/or INGOs will be regarded as an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Finance laws, procedures, management and experience policies related to the procurement of goods and services.
- Demonstrated experience supporting financial functions of an organization including event logistics.
- Good administrative skills and experience organizing large amounts of paper and data.
- Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and QuickBooks.
- Must be a resourceful and creative individual who can design flexible options to respond to organizational needs.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with effective interpersonal skills/relationships.
- Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, and attention to detail.
How to Apply:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
Deadline: 13th August 2021