Job Title: Field Researchers / Enumerators (Several No Experience Data Jobs)
Organisation: Aries Consult
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Aries Consult Ltd provides aid and development organisations with engaging, trusted and innovative approaches to evaluation, research, strategy, and training. Rather than providing our clients with off-the-shelf options, we work with them to develop unique solutions to their needs, challenges or requests. We have had the privilege to work in more that 30 countries on the continent, but only on projects we believe in!
Job Summary: ARIES CONSULT is seeking FIELD RESEARCHERS to conduct quantitative and qualitative data in the field. She/ he has direct contact with the beneficiaries of the projects we evaluate and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
She/he will be closely supervised by and report to the Data Collection Supervisor. The core task will be to conduct household visits of potential beneficiaries to gather data on the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct data collection
- Conduct data collection using the provided data collection surveys through interviews and direct observation.
- Interview the identified participants of the project within the project area to ensure the data and info that have been recorded within registered forms.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
- Compiling and sorting the filled data collection tools as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Report daily issues and challenges to the project officers.
- Any other duties assigned by the project manager.
- Present the data to the supervisor at the end of each day.
- Report to the supervisor before and after day’s work for further direction.
- Submits the daily site visit report to the field supervisor.
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for.
- Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the supervisor.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have completed secondary education + (university degree is an asset)
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and confidence to undergo household visits.
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone-based data collection applications.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology.
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day.
- Strong knowledge of interview techniques
- Previous experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data
- Previous experience with Aries Consult ltd / other NGOs as field staff is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in conducting surveys (experience with KoboCollect is an asset)
- Perfect command of English; good knowledge of French is an asset
- Good knowledge of local languages
- Exceptional reading and writing / note taking skills
- Familiarity, willingness and ability to work in rural areas
- Ability of travel within the country sub-districts
NB: Women are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working with Aries Consult ltd, please, submit your resume and cover letter only in MS Word or pdf format (please do not send photos, or other attachments) with UGA-2023 – enumerator in the subject line to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th March 2023