Job Title: Field Staff (80 No Experience Data Collection Job Opportunities)
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference: UBOS/STAT/02/2021
Reports to: Senior Statistician
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi- autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of Statistical information. The Bureau has a dual role as the principal statistics producing agency and coordinator of the National Statistical System (NSS).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Locate the structures and households in the sample and complete the Household Questionnaire
· Interview all eligible members in the households assigned using the Questionnaire
· Administer the respective questionnaire to all selected households
· Ensure that all questionnaires are filled accurately
· Responsible for the safety of all survey materials allocated
· Make the necessary preparation for the fieldwork
· Edit, compile data and cross check errors in the collected data
· Write field reports
· Submit duly completed questionnaires to the relevant authority
· Submit a performance report to the relevant authority.
· Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· A minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
· Computer literacy skills
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· Good inter-personal skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Leadership and team dynamics skills; and
· Presentation skills
· Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
· Must be fluent, both written and oral, in at least one of these local languages Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Ngakarimojong, Runyankole – Rukiga, Runyoro – Rutoro, Lusoga, Lugisu.
· Should have participated in Household based survey/Census data collection exercises for at least one year
· Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website at the link below.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All documents tendered in shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 19th February 2021