Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Assistant will review and monitor the implementation of policies and procedures for general office administration, fleet, asset, and inventory management in line with the departmental mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly monitor the implementation of a procedure of periodic travel planning by the cluster team, make consolidate organizational monthly & quarterly travel plan in alignment to appropriate vehicle scheduling and allocations
- Weekly vehicle allocations while giving feedback to the key stakeholders in line with Baylor-Uganda fleet management policy.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the periodic regular service schedule for timely routine servicing and repairs of the motor vehicles and motorcycles plus the timely management of instant repairs and service given the Drivers/rider’s report on motor vehicle and motorcycle in line with Baylor-Uganda fleet management policy
- Prepare monthly trip reports, fuel consumption reports and vehicle repair and routine maintenance reports to management for monitoring expenditures on repairs and service costs of the entire Baylor-Uganda fleet in line with Baylor-Uganda fleet management policy
- Monitor the proper usage of the motor vehicles by use of fleet monitoring system to track trip movements, fuel usage, speed and proper handling of the vehicles on the on the road then submit related reports to the supervisor and follow up the giving of feedback to the drivers/riders in line with Baylor-Uganda fleet management policy
- Develop and monitor the schedule for all motor vehicles and motorcycles insurance and update the insurance claims file and e-database in line with Baylor-Uganda fleet management policy
- Verification of all utility bills, security, cleaning and vehicle repairs with supporting documents to establish their completeness and accuracy before submission to finance for payment in line with Baylor-Uganda Financial policy.
- Provide administrative support during the management of micro procurements within the Region in line with Baylor Uganda regional procurement guidelines.
- Receive and Capture Vendor Invoices in Navision system.
- Support the finance team to timely capture cluster-based vendor invoices in Navision system and submit then to the regional office for review, posting and payment.
- Review and upload Mobile money in the payment system. Review and upload mobile money payments at cluster level in the system.
- Reconciliation of Vendor ledgers and provide feedback to the respective vendors on the invoices paid.
- Generate Withholding Tax certificates and share with the respective vendors.
- Cash Management. Timely accountabilities for the petty cash for the cluster office as well as manage and report on any other cash within their custody.
- Review and implement the approved security controls and procedures at the central region inclusive of the performance supervision of the security team then preparation of monthly consolidated security reports to the supervisor in line with Baylor-Uganda security policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (honors) in a business-related course or any degree oriented towards Administration.
- The job holder must have at least two (2) years relevant working experience in general office administration and fleet management in a reputable organization,
- Good computer skills and knowledge of computer accounting packages,
- Knowledge of the local language will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th September 2021