Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistants (3 Job Placements)
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Duty Station: Fort Portal, Mbale, Kabale, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Assistant will be providing overall support to the Finance & Admin department. He/she will be based in either the Fort Portal (1) main office or the Mbale(1) or the Kabale(1) field offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee logistical and administrative support for project activities in Uganda.
- Oversee the administrative and financial management of the IFDC Office
- Manage administrative records of country office staff (contracts, social security, insurance, annual appraisal, etc.), including trainees
- Ensure the preparation and monitoring of advance requests, expense projections and other budget related materials for the Mozambique Country Office
- Ensure all legal requirements regarding employment of staff are implemented
- Assist the NAFO in Managing all insurance coverage of country staff and reimbursements.
- Control / supervise the management of equipment, including vehicles, and all that pertains to logistics (acquisition procedures, monitoring and inventory, etc.)
- Assist the NAFO in vehicle/fuel management
- Write administrative correspondence and periodic reports
- Assist in the organization of regional and local meetings (budget and logistics)
- Assist in the finalization of MoUs, contracts and other agreements
- Assist in organizing workshops/conferences logistics, prepare workshops/conferences materials, prepare minutes and highlight agreed upon actions, coordinate follow-ups, and booking facilities
- Attaching support documents to invoices before payment.
- Assist in booking accommodation for visitors and project staff.
- Assist accounts team in scanning of vouchers
- Assist in visa processing and air travel logistics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or another relevant field
- Have at least five (5) years professional working experience in similar or closely related role.
- Be able to express oneself orally and in writing in English
- Have basic accounting and Admin experience within NGO setup
- Being able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team and in a multicultural environment
- Be organized, rigorous and trustworthy
- Have a good knowledge of local labor laws and admin procedures
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively.
- This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.
- Must be willing to be based in the main project office of Fort Portal or the field offices in Kabale or Mbale
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Act in accordance with and defend the best interests of IFDC
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet tight deadlines with quality output.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Consistently maintains focus and perseveres in the face of obstacles, inspiring others to do the same.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
- Anticipates key issues in work and identify creative and practical solutions.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in operationalization of administrative and finance tasks.
- Honors all commitments made to colleagues and partners.
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, be open-minded and seek to understand
- People management skills is highly required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.