Job Title: Finance Assistant (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Kiryandongo team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received.
- Pay cash to the payee in the Kiryandongo Office.
- Prepare cheques for approval and payment to the payee.
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers.
- Act as a cashier
- Make field payments.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Ensure control and use of office stationary.
- Work closely with Administration to raise hotel bookings for visitors to the field.
- Assist the Admin officer to maintain timesheets for all staff.
- Develop and maintain efficient filling system for the field office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Finance Assistant Job must hold a Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or a Diploma with five years of experience
- Minimum of one year working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd June 2021