Job Title: Finance Assistant (Fresher High School Diploma UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant offers support in the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials and suppliers to exchange information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist newly arriving or departing international staff members on opening/closing bank account; process their entitlement upon assignment.
- Compile and verify budget and accounting data by checking files, calculating expenditure and estimating projections.
- Issue PO and non-PO vouchers including monthly salaries of UNHCR staff, daily subsistence allowance to staff going on official missions, cost of air-tickets, requisitions of goods and services based on agreements with the suppliers, office running common cost, rental and salary advances, lease agreements of UNHCR offices, etc.
- Process on-line bank transfers ensuring that bank accounts of staff and suppliers are complete.
- Liaise with other functional units who work closely with Finance Unit on relevant issues.
- If applicable, may be required to assist in the preparation of the VAT refund submissions and monitoring of the reimbursable amounts.
- Maintain efficient and timely archiving system of physical and electronic files to ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- May be assigned as the custodian of the office petty-cash.
- Draft routine correspondence.
- Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Also Read: Project Manager Job – ADRA Uganda
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should Finance Assistant job must have one year of relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Finance; Business Administration; Accounting;
- Good Computer skills.
- Language Requirements: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Knowledge of MSRP PeopleSoft application or similar software.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, regulations, procedures and processes.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
NB: Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 31st January 2023