Vacancy title: Finance Officer
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Category: Accounting & Finance
Jobs at: Team and Team Africa
Deadline of this Job: 20 July 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Arua , East Africa
Team and Team International is the Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which is engaged in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) Sector. At the moment, Team and Team International is operational in Kenya, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Canada, serving the needy in local communities that suffered from lack of water and poor sanitation in disaster areas. Team and Team Africa is a sister organization of Team and Team International, registered at NGO Bureau in Uganda, 2016 and worked in the different field in Uganda such as Nakasongola, Wobulenzi, Gulu, Jinja, Arua etc. .
We are looking for a candidate who is familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. We are also expecting an applicant who has experience with international NGO tasks and to be able to work with time-sensitive tasks.
• Team and Team Africa Arua Field Office
• Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
• Prepare balance sheets
• Process invoices
• Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Update internal systems with financial data
• Work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role in international Non- Governmental Organizations (NGO) and donors
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience using Quickbook
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Sharp time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• Comfortable on cooperating with staffs of diverse backgrounds
• Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English.
• BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
• Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
Job Education: BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
Job Experience: Work experience as a Finance Officer
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications will be accepted up to July 20th, 2020 or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Please send your cover letter with a detailed CV/resume to [email protected].