Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Yauga General Merchants limited (YGM)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Finance Manager
Yauga General Merchants limited (YGM) is a global Company with its head office in Kampala. With the aim of the Board of Directors and Management to employ qualified, innovative and energetic professionals and support staff to execute the mandate of the Company to take a lead role in developing large scale mechanised modern agriculture in Northern Uganda. As we look forward to Increased quality distribution of goods in the area and become a lead agency for Distribution in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with YGM’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations. As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Sun Systems financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Assist Finance department- Cashier
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- At least two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Sun Systems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Good oral and written skills in English
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter, update copy of resume with 3 referees and Copies of academic documents (in one document) addressed to the HR Manager, Yauga Merchants Limited to [email protected] and copy [email protected] . Kindly indicate Finance Officer in the subject line of the email.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic only online applications shall be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted By YGM. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Women are encouraged to apply. YGM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 10th August 2020