Job Title: Finance Officer (4 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer will be responsible for disbursement and ensuring accountability for funds disbursed by the foundation in support of approved activities. He or she will ensure timely first level review of the financial transactions source / support documents for accuracy, reliability, reasonability and completeness; all in compliance with internal Policies and specific donor(s) regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in timely processing, reconciliation and liquidation of staff travel advances.
- Provide first level review of mobile money payments requests and generate the associated output files.
- Submit daily mobile money reports/confirmations to activity coordinators and follow through unpaid transactions as well as daily reconciliations of all disbursements for supported activities.
- Maintain and update database of all mobile money payment schedules
- Provide the first level packaging and reviewing of vendors’ payments requests.
- Support transactions capturing in quick books a may be assigned
- Ensure proper and initial coding of all expenses.
- Ensure that all the finance transactions support documents are stamped paid, scanned and sequentially filed.
- Support end month closure activities
- Support ad hoc reconciliation requests
- Perform any other work-related duties/tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree. CPA part qualification will be an added advantage
- At least one year of relevant work experience preferably in a busy NGO environment.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work in team settings
- Possess sound professional ethics.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- IT Savvy with Proficiency in Ms Office applications especially word and excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development,
Joint Clinical Research Centre,
Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road,
P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda.
Email: [email protected] Please strictly submit two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Deadline: Friday 6th August, 2021 by 12:00pm.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.