Job Title: Finance Officer – Talent Pool
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will support the Finance & Specialist/Manager in the daily finance activities of cash management, budgeting, enforcing financial rules and procedures, processing accounting transactions and preparation of financial reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, finance and accounting
- Professional Qualification/Certification such CPA, ACCA (At least Level 1)
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
- At least three years of demonstrable skills and experience in accounting, finance and operations in an INGO and in a multi donor environment is required
- Good knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, UNICEF, USAID, EU) contractual, procurement and reporting requirements is required
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook. Knowledge and experience in the SUN systems Accounting software is required.
- Experience in procurement and logistics is an added advantage
- Experience in supporting and working with auditors
- Communication and Influencing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and Organization – Able to prioritize within restricted resources to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Able to anticipate and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th April 2023