Job Title: IT Intern
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-governmental organization created in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations worldwide and to accompany them in the construction of a better future. The programmes implemented by ACTED in Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America/Caribbean, aim at addressing the needs of the populations affected by wars, natural catastrophes and/or economical and social crisis. ACTED has been present in Uganda since 2007, and currently implements its interventions in Gulu, Anaka, (Acholi regions) as well as in ‘Nakapiripirit (Karamoja region) where the organization works on a cross-border basis with North Pokot District of Kenya.
Job Summary: The IT Intern will support the logistics department in the management of all IT systems of ACTED Uganda/Kenya Offices Including; LAN, WAN, Server, Workstations and all Computers and Accessories with frequent travel to field offices to meet their IT needs as stated below;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Maintenance, Setup and configuration of networks and server systems as may be required by the Organization in All Areas of Intervention.
- Assist in Map out the IT infrastructure in each Area/ Base in the organization with special emphasis of Networks, LAN, WAN, Server, Workstations and all Computers and accessories.
- Assist in providing computer support to all staff and maintain end user requirements, including troubleshooting, account maintenance and training.
- Assist in providing capacity building to the Capital and Area Logistics Officers on routine Network and Computer Trouble shooting during routine field visits.
- Support in Following assessment of the current organization’s IT system, develop a Routine Maintenance work plan for the Mission in the period ,to measure progress and effectiveness of the IT strategy
- Developing and implementing an IT disaster recovery plan and perform data backups and restore including supervision of identified focal persons in the Field/ bases.
- In charge of Planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessment, and other procedures related to IT.
- Render support in Maintaining, monitor, analyze system components and make recommendations regarding computer system security, monitor network, computer and disk utilization.
- Support in discovering gaps in IT system and recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Support in conducting software and hardware evaluations, provide technical analysis and implement systems to meet the Organization’s IT goals.
- Responsible for analyzing equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Advise on new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, programming, networking, mathematics or database management, information technology,
- At least one year’s experience in IT especially with an NGO is an added advantage;
- Highly motivated;
- Possess the ability to travel and work under pressure
- Good Computer Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Computer literacy skills as a MUST.
- Good presentation skills
- Strong team spirit
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- She/he should be a resident of Kampala
How to Apply for the job:
The Intern should send an updated CV and cover letter to Uganda.email@example.com.