Job Title: Assistant 1 Assurance
Ernst & Young (known as EY) is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It was the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2012 and is one of the “Big Four” accounting firms. The organization operates as a network of member firms which are separate legal entities in individual countries. It has 175,000 employees and more than 700 offices in over 150 countries. It provides assurance (including financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to companies. The firm dates back to 1849 with the founding of Harding & Pullein in England. The current firm was formed by a merger of Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. in 1989.It was known as Ernst & Young until 2013, when it underwent a rebranding.
Job Summary: The Assistant 1 Assurance will serve as a Junior Auditor who will work on various audit engagements in different industry sectors in which Ernst & Young is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Assurance candidates will be working in a team will interact with the client in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads, etc.
- Possess a positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn
- Work constructively with team
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The ideal Ernst and Young will hold a good first class or a good Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial or any Science Degree from a recognized university.
- Professional full or Part qualification in ACCA or CPA is an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (other language is a plus);
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Keen eye for detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- High desire to exceed expectations
- Interest in the different fields of assurance
- Computer literacy skills i.e. User level IT (Microsoft Office) knowledge
- Must be a Ugandan Citizen
How to Apply for the job:
All those interested in working with Ernst and Young should apply via their website by visiting the web link below
Deadline: 30th April, 2015