Job Title: General Manager
Organisation: SEEP Uganda Limited (SUL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SEEP Uganda Limited (SUL) is a Non-deposit taking Microfinance Company incorporated under the laws of Uganda in April 2017. For 7(Seven) years SEEP (Socio-Economic Empowerment Program) was actively implemented as a Microfinance program under AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares benefiting HIV positive living patients only at several clinic locations all over the country.
Job Summary: The General Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Company’s long term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value. The General Manager’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s long and short-term plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead/oversee the development and implementation of the Company’s long term and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- Ensure the Company is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy.
- Ensure that expenditures of the Company are within the authorized annual budget of the Company
- The incumbent will also assess the principal risks of the Company and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
- Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- Ensure that the Company has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- Ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Communicate effectively with shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree i.e. BA in Economics, BBA, Law, Agri-economics
- A masters or other professional qualifications are an added advantage
- A minimum of five years of experience in a senior management position in a financial institution
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidate should send their email applications (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning position applied for and location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered.
Deadline: Monday 15th October, 2018 at 5:00pm