Job Title: General Services Officer
Organisation: Church World Service (CWS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Supervisor
Church World Service was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world.
Job Summary: The General Services Officer is primarily responsible for the general services activities of the Kampala sub-office, ensuring that the Janitor, Drivers, Property officer and Procurement Assistant are adhering to CWS RSC Africa’s policies and procedures. The position is responsible for direct oversight of the General Services department, which includes Property, Procurement and Transport.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision, training, and feedback to Property, Procurement and Transport staff members.
- Ensures adherence to policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure the accountability, transparency, and efficiency of RSC Africa, and to ensure compliance with the Cooperative Agreement, relevant United States Government (USG) and CWS policies.
- Oversees the process of monthly projections, including procurement, travel projections and property issues, and ensures compliance with US government requirements
- Ensures that relevant SOPs are routinely updated, stored, and disseminated electronically and via in person training sessions.
- Works closely with the Administrative Supervisor to plan work, resolve issues, conduct root cause analysis, and ensure systems improvements
- Supports General Services with budget preparation
- Works closely with the Finance Manager and Administration Supervisor to perform regular compliance checks
- Ensures General Services division’s compliance with Fileserver organization and group email protocols
- Ensures that SOPs for the General Services department is always up to date with Senior
- Management Team directives, and in line with RSC Africa security policy and that the general services staff receive relevant security training
- Plans and executes annual process reviews for the Janitor, Drivers and the Procurement Officer.
- Ensures there is an organized and robust training strategy for the General Services Division, inclusive of targeted capacity building to increase professional skills of General Services positions
- Supports with property management and/or landlord concerns in Kampala
- Ensures cost-effective use of RSC Africa human and financial resources, including a monthly review of expense reports and financial projections with the Finance and Admin Assistant
- Physical Assets
- Supervises the requisition, maintenance, and inventory of expendable and non-expendable equipment
- Provides Quality Control checks on Purchase Orders to ensure correct budget line allocation and that all information and supporting documents are adequate and correct
- Reviews all contractual agreements for goods and services, equipment and insurance, and maintains copies of all relevant contracts
- Ensures that all adequate insurance is arranged for all property and personnel and other liabilities in accordance with US and Ugandan laws
- Ensures that adequate inventory levels are maintained for all supplies
- Liaises regularly with the property management company to ensure services are delivered and accounted for properly
- Other duties that may be assigned to enhance the quality and efficiency of the administration of operational programs to attain program objectives and maintain the high professional standards of RSC Africa and CWS
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field is required.
- One year of supervisory experience, with three (3) years preferred, with an international NGO in a similar position required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience required.
- Knowledge of Ugandan laws and customs preferred.
- Experience with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement preferred.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Click Here (General Services Officer – Kampala, Uganda National)
Deadline: 24th September 2021