Job Title: Graduate Operations Associate (No Experience Job Opportunities)
Organization: Damco (Maersk Group)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
Job Summary: The Graduate Operations Associate will provide consistent, high quality customer service and operations end to end for Customers. You will be the first point of contact for the designated set of Customers and will be responsible for booking, resolution of service issues and customer queries and as well as dispatch of invoices. In return, you will gain valuable experience in long-term strategy planning and execution, negotiation, and play a pivotal role in setting the future direction of Damco.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on the key Customer Service Drivers
- Easy to do Business with
- Timely Delivery of Documents
- Pro-Active Notification
- Exception Management
- Efficient claim handling
- Query Resolution with shippers/ Customers- ensure timely resolution and response to customers.
- Follow up on the Outstanding bookings & query resolution
- Record and report the performance of the designated Customers that can help provide recommendations on service delivery wins and service failures
Receive & Confirm Booking
- Perform Credit limit, sanity & feasibility check on booking
- Register booking details, send timely confirmation & inform shipper about issues if any
- Receive Shipping Instruction from Customer & coordinate with Operations team for HBL/ HAWB
Follow-up & Query Resolution
- Ensure shipping documents are delivered on time
- Dispatch invoices
- Ensure integrity of data entered into the system (TrakIT)
- Follow-up with for timely resolution of customer issues and queries and ensure that timely response is received by the customers
Customer Relationship Management
- Develop an understanding of the Customer’s Needs
- Provide regular updates to commercial team on cross-sell/ up-sell opportunities
- Maintain Customer Master Data
- Maintain Contract Register & Contractual Records E.g. SOP’s / SLI’s for customers as given by commercial team
- Maintain Customer KPI Reports as given by Country Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be a Fresh Graduate
- Freight forwarding background is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently
- Drive for Results
- Well organized when working under pressure
- Team player – Works together with others in the business unit to achieve results, fosters teamwork
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encourage to apply online through the Damco e-recruitment portal.
Deadline: 26 April 2018.