Job Title: Graduate Trainee ICT Service Analyst (5 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP/02/06/22
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, healthcare and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Job Summary: The graduate intern will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding ICT issues and Queries
- Act as 1st and 2nd line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Phones, Tablets, Laptops, PCs and Printers.
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- installation and support of computer software, hardware and peripherals as Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot basic issues on cable and wireless networks.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure or application support team.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide basic in-house training to end users in MS Office, teleconferencing, presentations and other applications used.
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities in the onsite helpdesk system.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues.
- Prepare regular monthly reports for the ICT Operations Manager showing functioning of the system, status of program development and departmental needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a strong IT element in Service Desk Support or ITSM.
- Industry recognized professional ICT qualification in ITIL, Microsoft Systems Administration; Customer Service and Delivery.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work extended hours when required
- May be required to be available for appropriate duties such as reviewing cases, attending meetings or training sessions outside normal working hours or during weekends
- Candidate will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Supervisory controls: The individual will serve under the immediate supervision of the ICT Operations Manager.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout Uganda
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 15th July 2022