Organisation: Madhvani Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Madhvani Group is a leading international professionally managed industrial / service group, engaged in diverse operations such as sugar, steel, tea, construction, hotels and tourism, packaging, insurance, information technology, distribution agencies, etc,
Job Summary: The Group Magazine Editor will manage the in house magazine for its private circulation with a focus to bring the group activities to its stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collate, write and edit articles for the various group publications.
- Adequately plan and execute timely publishing of group magazines at budgeted cost.
- Actively co-ordinate with different business heads of the group and ensure adequate editorial coverage of the units.
- Constantly review and recommend improvements for the publications of the group magazines and ensure adequate dissemination of information among employees.
- Co-ordinate with editorial board, designers, printers and ensure timely issue of the publications.
- Cover important functions of the group to ensure media coverage.
- Actively contribute for constant updating of the group websites.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication / Journalism / Literature with excellent command in both written and spoken English.
- At least ten years’ experience in a similar job of editing magazines.
- Adequate computer literacy in Microsoft Office Word/Excel.
Age: Below 45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who fulfill the above requirements are encouraged to submit their detailed resumes, one passport size photograph, two references and contact telephone number to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 12th December, 2014