Job Title: Head of Customer Network (00173741)
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head of Customer Network will primarily;
- Interpret overall Retail Strategy into implementable short term steps and communicate it to the Retail branch network.
- Analyse information received through the branch network and provide recommendations to the Retail Management Committee for input into short, medium and long-term Retail strategy in-country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Branch Network Integration & Administration: 40%
- Resource & People Management: 10%
- Customer Service: 10% – Serve as an escalation point for HOT complaints. Visit high net worth or key clients on request from the Regional/Area manager.
- Contribution to the Team: 5%
- Project Management: 10%
- Intuitively review the total performance for all branches in the region on a monthly basis and develop short term strategy shifts to ensure that overall performance targets can be met.
- Communicate strategy changes to Regional managers and area managers and ensure that any target changes are agreed.
- Recommend to the Retail Management Committee whether to open or close branches within his network.
- Review incident reports raised and provide guidance for future prevention
- Identify areas of improvement for existing products and processes. Create and identify strategies around this.
- Initiate plans for reduction of provisions, product and process improvements
- On invitation from the Retail Director present Retail initiatives to CMC
- Signoff of all budgeted branch expenses above Regional manager and Area manager limits. Only unbudgeted expenditure needs to be referred to the Retail Director.
- Signoff all dormant account and all other refunds above Regional manager and area manager limits.
- Hold cost centre for network related non branch expenses such as disturbance allowance, transportation costs e.t.c. Responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
- Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Retail Director. Involve Regional and area managers in developing the annual resource plan.
- Build, coach, motivate and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Discuss and finalise Performance Development Plans and ratings for all branch managers in the area.
- Develop direct reports – identify potential leaders within a group of direct reports and ensure that development opportunities are created.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and Succession plans for Regional and Area Managers and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/ planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in recruitment and exits of direct reports. This includes evaluating requests from branch and area managers for additional staff, and may reallocate headcount between branches, within overall area headcount budget.
- Sign off leave requests received from direct reports.
- Initiates charges for direct reports when required, follows discipline process, together with HR and an independent chairperson. Dismissals are signed off by the functional head. May act as appeals chairperson in cases that were unresolved during the first disciplinary enquiry, except for dismissal cases that have to be appealed to the MD. Also acts as first level escalation point for grievance cases.
- Research product sets in the UK and Europe and feedback suggestions to the product Team for further investigation.
- Research competitor products in the local market and make suggestions on improvements or changes to product.
- Provide cover for the other Regional managers, or Retail Director when required.
- Provide honest, direct and constructive feedback to others.
- Deputize for the Retail Director when required.
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with team members, branch managers and the broader business.
- Interact with internal service providers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Project manage all major organizational changes such as organizational structure changes or process changes within regional network.
- Risk, Compliance & Controls: 25%
- Interface with the Risk & Compliance function at the country Head Office to achieve desired results.
- Intuitively review Risk Event Reports raised and provide guidance for future prevention.
- Initiate and regularly update plans for reduction of provisions/impairment. This role is directly accountable for the quality of the asset book.
- Accountable for compliance & control environment in the distribution network.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should be a graduate or possess relevant experience to compensate
- A minimum of three years Retail Management experience in a large branch
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full Barclays Retail product set in-country, Local Business services, and Corporate Business services including Treasury.
- In-depth understanding of technical support systems e.g. Brains, WinFos
- Good knowledge and understanding of Barclays Retail in-country strategy, operating structure and interface with other functions
- Detailed working knowledge of Risk and Credit policies and procedures
- Good understanding of group structure and interfaces with other functions
- Detailed understanding of people policies and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- Skills in People Management
- Skills in Communication and Presentation
- Business Management skills
- Performance Management skills
- Skills in Resource Management
- Cultural and Change Management
- Strong networking skills, both for internal and external networks
- Team-building skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Good PC Skills
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th October, 2014