Vacancy title: Head of MEAL
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: Save the Children
Deadline of this Job: 21 July 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Khartoum, Sudan , East Africa
Head of MEAL
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Role Purpose: The Head of MEAL will take the overall responsibility of improving and implementing the SCI MEAL systems in Sudan. This will include ensuring strong, accurate and timely monitoring systems for all projects including indicator performance tracking, appropriate and accurate data management, use of quality benchmarking and action trackers for accountability, reporting and learning. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Contract Duration: 1 year Location: Khartoum, Sudan Qualifications
• Minimum of advanced degree (MSc) in an area of social development, economics, statistics or other relevant discipline.
• Minimum 6 years of practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organisation
• Demonstrable record of accomplishment in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology, and analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of audiences.
• Conversant with impact evaluation methods as well as other established evaluation criteria (such as DEC)
• Practical knowledge or experience of working in humanitarian response and recovery at a technical senior level position.
• Excellent writing skills to present assessment and project reports in English
• Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office, any statistical package like STATA and digital data management systems
• Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Prior experience with Save the Children International highly desired
• Experience or knowledge of working and living in Sudan desirable
• Arabic language skills are desirable
Job Education: Minimum of advanced degree (MSc) in an area of social development, economics, statistics or other relevant discipline.
Job Experience: Minimum 6 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Due to the current travel restrictions, we will only consider candidates who are in Sudan currently.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description
Click here to apply