NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Good African Coffee, a specialist in coffee processing with a vision to be a leading African agribusiness producing quality products for the global market and using trade to bring about sustainable community development. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Head of Procurement and Supply Chain will be responsible for establishing and effectively managing the Procurement function at Good African Coffee encompassing all procurement needs. The jobholder will be accountable for driving and managing the ongoing relationships with both local and selected suppliers. The incumbent will also be the focal point of contact on expert areas such as Procurement, Logistics management and importation & Customs processes.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aligning closely with the heads of each department to deliver cost-effective supply chain initiatives to effect year-on -year procurement savings with no impairment to supply, quality or manufacturing efficiency.
- Responsible for the development of the purchasing strategy and design, deployment and compliance with the company’s standard purchasing processes and policies.
- Taking a robust process-driven approach such that all contracts can withstand internal scrutiny and demonstrate compliance to industry and internal quality standards and best practice.
- Continuously driving improvement during the sourcing phase through the effective management of suppliers, achievement of cost objectives, deadlines and attainment of quality expectations.
- Monitoring the order progress and maintaining continuous communication with the business as regards timelines, etc.
- Evaluating, summarizing and communicating the purchasing options i.e. through Group procurement channels or direct channels, to ensure the best value delivery for the company.
- Working in liaison with department stakeholders ensuring that all orders are executed in accordance with established timelines, company procedures and optimal stock maintained at all times.
- Establishing and maintaining effective supplier relationships and enforcement of service level/maintenance agreements through effective implementation of prequalification, procurement and contracting processes and continuous monitoring of service level agreements.
- In charge of the effective management of technical details relating to international transportation, such as customs regulations and requisite documentation.
- Evaluating the costs of transportation, services and inventory in compliance with established budget or distribution strategies.
- Communicating knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and must be able to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The applicant should hold a University degree with good pass record ideally in a related subject.
- Professional Procurement certification (e.g. CIPS, CPM) is a pre-requisite.
- The ideal candidate should have three years’ experience in a similar role with a multi-national firm
- Proven expertise of Customs/Import procedures and taxes.
- A wide range of ability and willingness from strategic contributor to tactical implementer in a company with limited support infrastructure.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, work within short time frames and meet deadlines in compliance with established budgets.
- Completely fluent in Office Suite.
- Demonstrable expertise of using computerized enterprise applications;
- Prior experience of supervising others.
- Skills in contract and service level agreement (SLA) management.
- Good influencing and communication skills; able to gain the confidence of and build effective relationship with all business stakeholders across the company.
- Direct start-up experience or has worked in a telecoms or technology environment.
- Highly innovative with proven high-level negotiation skills and ability to manage suppliers to achieve optimal results for the company.
- Customer-service oriented with a high-level of integrity.
- Fast learner, flexible, hardworking and dynamic.
- Project management experience is an added advantage.
- Prior experience of dealing with legal contracts.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.
Deadline: 20th October, 2014 by 17.00 hours