The Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) was established by an Act of Parliament, No.2 of 2014 as a body corporate, semi-autonomous corporation to provide Loans and Scholarships to students intending to pursue Higher Education in the Country.
The Loans are awarded to students to pursue accredited programmes of study from Higher Education Institutions accredited by National Council for Higher Education.
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board is desirous to call for Loan Applications for the Academic Year 2020/21, but the Health circumstances resulting from the COVID 19 Pandemic has not yet enabled this to happen, however as soon as it’s possible the Board shall officially publish the call for Loan applications.
The Students’ Loan shall cover tuition fees and functional fees. The loan shall also cover Aids and Appliances for persons with disabilities, while research funds may be covered as and when budget allows.
- The loan shall NOT cover meals, accommodation and other incidental welfare expenses.
- Seek for the loan ONLY IF YOU NEED IT.
- The Loan Application form is STRICTLY NOT FOR SALE, it’s entirely free but a fully filled loan application form should be submitted to any Centenary Bank Branch after payment of Ugx. 53,000 (Uganda Shillings Fifty Three Thousand Only inclusive of Bank Charges) as non-refundable Loan processing fees to HESFB A/C No. 3740300006 with Centenary Bank.
- Student loans shall strictly be awarded to students joining the Higher Education Institution for the first time or students admitted to pursue programmes in first year.
- Students who have received Government or other scholarships are not eligible for the Loan Financing Scheme.
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application through the Print media, your respective email addresses, the HESFB website, and or via SMS on your private mobile telephone contacts.
- Through the different media channels, you will receive official notification to start submitting your applications.