Job Title: Treasury Officer
Eskom Uganda is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eskom Holdings South Africa and is registered as a limited liability company in Uganda. The company generates 42% of Uganda’s electricity, operates within a framework of four contracts and has its own board of directors. Our business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Our mission is to be the Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.
Job Summary: The Treasury Officer will be responsible for the planning and optimizing of the company’s liquidity position to match cash requirements & maximize return on investments in line with Eskom Uganda Limited financial policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of preparing cash flow projections and initiate cash optimization strategies in line with company financial policy and procedures.
- Identify and develop tax optimization strategies to maximize shareholder value.
- Oversee the statutory & contractual payments per statute & contract terms.
- Maintain the creditors’ ledger, and manage relationship with creditors
- Maintain the cashbook and manage relationship with banks.
- Ensure preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Manage company’s collections as per the agreed collection terms.
- The incumbent will also appraise and build capacities of the accounts assistant staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree or its equivalent.
- Hold professional accounting qualifications e.g. ACCA, CPA, is a must.
- At least five years’ experience in similar role from the banking or similar environment.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.