Job Title: Hub Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Project Name: National Oil Palm Project (NOPP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Hub Manager
The Government of Uganda (GoU) has received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards financing a ten-year National Oil Palm Project (NOPP). The project is being implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) as the Lead Project Agency, in partnership with other agencies, private sector and farmer Organisations.
Job Summary: The Hub Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for the operation of the project M&E system at Hub level, viz., planning, reporting, monitoring, evaluation, communications and knowledge management functions at the Hub.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compilation of Hub Annual and Quarterly Work Plans and Budgets
- Compilation of Hub Annual, Semi-Annual & Quarterly Performance reports
- Quarterly reporting of hub activities
- Ensuring adherence to reporting timelines, including activity reporting, by the Hub team
- Manage the M&E Management Information System database for all relevant project data, including the registration of the identified farmers and their progress
- Collaborating with implementing partners and primary stakeholders, conduct effective discussion events where M&E data are analysed and corrective actions can be agreed upon.
- Document lessons learnt for application in future implementation
- Collect data on project outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Study the NOPP Log frame and identify areas of relevance to the hub for implementation and data collection processes
- Undertake knowledge management functions including development of knowledge products and work with other hub members to disseminate.
- Undertake evaluation of project implementation activities and inform management on effectiveness and efficiency of approaches and adjustment where necessary
- Undertake M&E surveys in collaboration with the NOPP PMU
- Prepare M&E reporting formats and data collection templates, in collaboration with the PMU, for use by al the hub members
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics, Development Economics
- Post Graduate Diploma training in M&E
- At least two years of experience in data collection, data entry and data analysis
- Good knowledge of computer applications (particularly MS Excel, Word, Access and Power point, SPSS, STATA) is a must.
- Be a Ugandan citizen with a National Identification card
- Have general knowledge of project and business management with emphasis on work planning, budgeting and reporting;
- Be computer literate and well versed in the use of word, excel and internet;
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines;
- Be fluent in English – written and oral and demonstrate excellent report writing skills;
- Possess advanced advocacy, communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as a team member;
- Be conversant with rural development strategies and gender equity;
- Have a working knowledge of GOU policies, operations and reforms;
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their written applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of three (03) referees should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, and hand delivered to the Ministry Registry located at Plot No.14 Lugard Road Entebbe P.O. Box 102 Entebbe. Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Monday 12th October, 2020 by 4.00pm