Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Human Resources and Administration
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church-founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related health care services of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will implement and provide support to the Human Resource function and strategies in line with the JMS organizational strategy and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the existing HR policies, procedures and manuals and propose amendments.
- Disseminate and explain to JMS staff the existing and newly approved HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure HR Manual, policies, procedures and guidelines are accessible to all staff.
- Promote compliance to HR policies, health & safety programs through continuous sensitization
- Prepare job notices and advertisements and manage the recruitment / employment process.
- Carryout reference and background checks of all qualified applicants.
- Draft orientation program in liaison with user Directorates and relevant Managers
- Conduct appropriate induction procedures for all newly hired staff as per the HR policies, procedures and work practices.
- Keep all employees’ personal files systematically and update information when necessary.
- Proactively follow up with supervisors and staff at the end of probation and end of contract procedures
- Participate in review and or development of performance evaluation tools.
- Compile and submit periodic reports on performance evaluation
- Liaise with managers and staff on training needs analysis and draft training plan and maintain accurate records on staff training and development events and activities.
- Identify relevant training opportunities for staff and recommend for approval
- Participate in evaluation of impact of training and development programmes
- Maintain accurate records on staff, salaries, allowances, benefits and related pay
- Prepare accurate mid-month and end of month payroll for approval
- Follow up with supervisors for timely submission of attendance, overtime sheets and other records, that support payroll calculation
- Participate in periodic salary and benefit surveys and draft reports on findings
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on leave entitlements and implement a Leave management module in IFS system.
- Maintain up to date lists of beneficiaries for JMS welfare and benefits programmes
- Provide advice to staff on entitlements, procedures and claims
- Review performance of service providers and make recommendations where necessary.
- Receive and respond to enquiries from staff and supervisors
- Provide guidance, counselling and support to staff and supervisors
- Review attendance reports, investigate causes of absences and recommend actions
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of JMS
- Support in the development of annual work plans and budgets.
- Identify performance objectives in line with operational plan and forward to line manager.
- Track accomplishments, compile and submit periodic progress reports on HRM activities
- Participate in the strategic and operational plan Review meetings.
Key Result Areas
- Support the Implementation of Human Resource Policies & Procedures
- Staff Recruitment & Human Resource Information Management
- Performance Management and Evaluation Support
- Payroll & Benefits Management
- Employee Relations
- Strategic planning & Budgeting Support
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial or organizational Psychology, Business Administration (HR Option), or related disciplines.
- Professional affiliation to any nationally recognized Human Resource Management body is preferred.
- A masters’ qualification in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology or Business Administration (HR Option) is added advantage.
- At least four years relevant working experience in Human Resource function or Human Resource related work from a reputable Organisation
- Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Talent Management
- HR Information Systems
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Decision Making
- Negotiation and influencing
- Conflict Management
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit applications, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees (who are not relatives) with their day time telephone contacts. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications may be hand delivered to JMS Head office Reception Desk or Email to HRA@jms.co.ug
Please address your applications to:
The Manager Human Resources & Administration
Joint Medical Store
P.O. Box 4501
Deadline: Friday 7th October, 2022 at 5.00pm.