Job Title: Human Resources Associate (UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Associate will perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP Human Resources policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Review and compile a variety of Human Resources data, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g., employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g., contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Human Resources Associate job placement must hold a University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial /Organizational Psychology, or any other related field, attained from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of six years of relevant working experience in Human Resources management and development, gained from reputable organizations.
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications and HR Information Management Systems Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with teams remotely
- Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work well with a diverse team and demonstrated business partnering skills
- Creative problem solver, flexible and constructive approach
- Ability to prioritise multiple stakeholder requests.
- Languages: Working knowledge of English. Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2022