Job Title: Human Resources Director/Manager
Organisation: Sunmaker Energy (Uganda) Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sunmaker Energy (Uganda) Limited is a professional high-tech enterprise dedicated to providing comprehensive ranges of highly-qualified products, technical services and solutions, professional training and consultancy services in oil and gas industry in countries engaged in the Belt and Road Initiative. We are focusing on energy fields, including oil, gas and geothermal energy, and localized education and training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Selection and Recruitment
- Develops and implements strategic sourcing partnerships and programs to ensure the availability of qualified candidates at the right time.
- Implements effective screening and interview assessment processes to ensure that the best from among the qualified candidates are being hired in the company.
- Implements the philosophy of “hiring the best fit” and ensures that prospective employees’ personal values are aligned with the company’s corporate values.
- Steer the development of overall recruitment strategy and recruitment plans for SUNMAKER eto bring in capable manpower supply in timely manner as specified for project executions and operations.
- Establish and drive the implementation of tools and methodologies / processes to identify and explore market of manpower supply, to promote the organization and attract leads / candidates and determine measures to assess effectiveness of the methodologies / processes.
- Establish and recommend salary range for the contract employment and practical guidelines on terms and conditions of employment by benchmarking with Company policies and procedures, existing contract employees and external market to ensure compliance and internal parity.
- Formulate guidelines and provide direction on prudent implementation of Manpower Supply Contract Management System to ensure compliance to Company’s Policies and procedures.
- Implement the maintenance of system and database to track performance and progress of contract recruiting operations.
- Communicate with the headhunters, manpower agencies and professional societies to obtain information / data to be used to improve recruitmentstrategy and plan and enhance effectiveness of the recruitment efforts and processes.
- Keenly review the approval for the recruitment proposal for the position and the salary to be offered for the candidate and to allow on the spot offer to successful candidates.
- Analyze information / data from the interview sessions or market tips, provide recommendations for preparing and negotiating offers and to intensify efforts in generating leads.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Collaborates with the local industry players in the conduct of periodic salary survey as basis for designing and updating the salary structures.
- Develops “Salary Review Guidelines and Policies” and recommends to the Senior Management Team for approval as basis for the conduct of annual salary review program.
- The incumbent designs and develops “Retention Strategies and Programs”, as basis for retaining the company’s best talents, as well as improving the overall employee engagement index.
- Effectively manage, control and verify the payment of monthly salary allowances, overtime, bonus, increment and other compensations for direct hired staff and monitor the processes to ensure compliance to Company’s policies/procedures, Terms and Conditions of Service and legal statutory requirements.
- Implement, monitor and control the effective maintenance of direct hired employee data including of personal files and creating and updating the data entry which has implication on the numeration and benefits matters and to ensure the data is kept in strict confidence.
- Provide effective HR services of direct hired employee (medical benefits, Home Leave Passage confirmation letters, staff testimonial etc.) according to SUNMAKER policies/procedures and Company to ensure employees are properly supported and their welfare is taken care promptly and on a timely manner.
- Build relationships and liaise with external parties such as NSSF, Ministry of Labour, ans other labour bodies on matters related registration, contribution and termination to ensure compliance to relevant statutory requirements and provide assistant to affected employees.
- Maintain and updates staff leave management master database for Company direct hired and SUNMAKER contract staff so as to meet the company’s objectives and in line with HR guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Develops policies, guidelines, and implementing procedures and ensures consistent company-wide implementation.
- Develops annual Work Program Budgets along with guidelines to ensure the team’s strict adherence with financial guidelines and requirements.
- Ensures that operating expenses are well within the prescribed limits of budget plans and fiscal guidelines.
- Lead and facilitate the preparation of comprehensive Work Program Budget to ensure consistency and compliance to Planning & Budget requirementsthrough intervention and realign shortfalls/variances in ensuring alignment to business objectives, plans and target.
- Develop tools and methodologies to guide business in achieving strategic and effective people planning, manpower productivity and provide advice on intervention to address gaps.
- Conduct regular interface with Line Departments to deliberate and resolve issues relating to the implementation and in line with Company’s business objectives.
- Keenly monitor and ensure all immigration applications meet the statutory requirement.
- Ensure all immigration documentation are in order.
- Oversee the immigration letters, work permits, dependent pass, student pass or any related immigration matters for Company’s expatriate staff’s.
- Develops strategic plans and programs towards ensuring that goals and objectives of the team are properly defined and clearly established.
- Determine capability requirement for department and develop staff through acquisition of skills and coaching.
- Provide sound advice pertaining to HR matters to line departments so as to be in line with HR guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Establish and promote good rapport and networking within SUNMAKER stakeholders Partners and other Oil & Gas Companies for effective working relationship and to identify opportunities by leveraging on knowledge sharing, best practices and bench marking.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Business Administration or related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of Human Resource management working experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Familiarity with PSC and JV Operations are an added advantage.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications with an application letter, updated resume and documents to
Deadline: 28th July 2017 by 5:00pm