Organization: Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI) is the Uganda Government’s Lead Agency for Industrialization.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing all the HR functions such as recruitment, orientation, development of job descriptions, development of optimum organization staffing and operating structures; appraisals, remuneration and reward strategies; conflict and grievance management and resolution, foster teamwork, promoting process improvement, employee retention, training needs assessment, developing and managing training programs and advising the Board and Management on all Human Resource matters in line with relevant Policies, Regulations and Laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement Human Resources Strategies for the organization.
· The incumbent will manage human resources functions of recruiting, coaching, appraising, rewarding and change management.
· Establish a robust, equitable and affordable tool for a Merit-Based Reward Scheme for exemplary/outstanding staff.
· The incumbent will develop a talent management plan (professional development & succession plans); Manage HR Acquisition to includejob description development, advertising and leading targeted searches, short listing and interviewing, and preparing offer letters.
· Carry out an HR needs analysis to identify staff knowledge/ skills gaps and identify the best options to fill the gaps such as On Job Training, Classroom and/or online training or coaching.
· In charge of documenting, interpreting and communicating HR policies and procedures to staff and at all times ensure that UIRI’s employee handbook and practices are compliant with all Uganda labor laws and HR best practices.
· Maintain Human Resources Information System records and compile reports from the database. Responsible for ensuring completeness, accuracy and confidential management of employee records.
· Ensure proper management of the compensation and benefits system. Manage and administer employee benefits e.g. medical insurance cover, NSSF, etc.in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force.
· Ensure appropriate Safety and Security Guidelines are completed and distributed to all staff and training is conducted for employee safety and security.
· The incumbent will also accomplish biannual staff performance review by establishing a practical mechanism / tool for staff performance appraisal;
· Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
· Periodically deliver training on topics like performance management process, managerial or soft skills and other relevant topics as may be assigned. Update employee job knowledge by promoting staff participation in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhance department and organization reputation by exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
· Possession of a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Organisation Psychology obtained from a recognized university.
· A minimum of ten years’ progressive experience in managing the Human Resources function in a reputable organisation, four years of which as a Human Resources Manager.
· Possession of a Certificate / Diploma in Administrative Law will be an added advantage.
· Extensive experience in remuneration structuring, salary administration and job profiling.
· Exceptional communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and teambuilding skills
· Ability to advise the management team and maintain collaborative partnerships.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications including an updated CV, salary history and the names and contact details of three (3) professional references (ideally former supervisors) by hand delivery to the address below:
The Executive Director,
Plot 42A, Mukabya Road, Nakawa industrial Area
P.O. Box 7086, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 30th October 2015