Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organisation with over 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for people affected by displacement. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance through its core competencies (CCs): Camp Management, Education, Livelihoods and Food Security, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Shelter, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
Job Summary: We are looking for a seasoned HR Manager who will be responsible to oversee, manage, develop and strengthen all HR functions in order to provide efficient and effective Human Resources support to the NRC Uganda Country Programme and ensure that the HR system is according to NRC standards to support programme/project implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives at the Uganda Country Office
- National staff development and capacity building focusing on new HR staff
- Strengthen the recruitment processes ensuring adherence to the minimum standards
- Strengthen training and inductions / on-boarding.
- Improve the quality of Performance management conducted by line managers across the Uganda country office
- Guide senior management team and line managers on HR processes such as recruitment; induction; staff development; performance management; reward etc
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures (Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Align, implement and maintain NRC HR systems, policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in accordance with NRC policy and guidelines. In so doing ensure that the HR policies and procedures in Uganda are consistent with local government laws and good practice.
- Update staff on HR policies, processes and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resources Manager must hold a University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration and/or relevant discipline
- At least five years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th August 2021