Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Organization: InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) is a non-governmental humanitarian national organization established in 1988, and duly registered with the NGO Board and NGO Forum. IAU is actively involved in programs geared towards the protection and improvement of lives of disadvantaged people living in urban and rural areas in Uganda and in the Great Lakes Region. InterAid Uganda is focused on its thematic areas of Rights Protection, Education, Livelihood & Food Security, Health (HIV&AIDS; Malaria; Maternal and Reproductive Health), Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Environment and Disaster Management and good Management and Governance systems.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Officer will assist the Senior Human Resource Officer by providing professional HR advice on behavioral issues, recruitment, manpower planning and organization development
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain growing relationship with all key stake holders.
- Support the Senior Human Resource Officer in implementation of recruitment policies and procedures that enhance organization performance and productivity
- Assist the Senior Human Resource Officer in review job descriptions for all roles in the Organisation as per the performance management guidelines and on organization demands.
- Offer support in course development, delivery, evaluation and training reports.
- Assist with training and development administration and ensure all training records are up to date.
- Collect and analyze data from performance meetings, appraisals and trainings.
- Co-ordinate the industrial training programs for trainees and volunteers.
- Coordinate internal and external trainers for specialist training courses, e.g. ensuring the effective induction and orientation of new staff and refresher trainings.
- Responsible for staff leave management and administration.
- Responsible for staff records management and ensure updated staff files.
- Provide support in carrying out exit interviews for staff i.e. monitor and record information contained on exit questionnaires and escalate any issues raised to the Senior Human Resource Officer.
- Process payment of employee remuneration, incentive and other accrued claims and allowances in line with the provisions in place.
- Providing support in relation to conduct and absence management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) Human Resources Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a University degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Organizational Psychology, or related equivalent.
- One to two years in a busy HR environment and providing support to line managers and teams.
- Sound knowledge of employment and labour laws
- Flexible, ability to work with limited supervision, work on own initiative, to operate within tight deadlines and to prioritize.
- Ability to demonstrate strong IT skills, including the use of in-house databases and the Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective communication skills, in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with people at all levels.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Exercise good judgment and pay attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs and photo copies of their professional qualifications including three referees via E-mail to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 1102 Block 8, Kabala Anjagala Road,
P.O. Box 737 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 14th March 2018 by 5:00 PM