Job Title: ICT Officer
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Rwamwanja, Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: The ICT Officer will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. As well as these responsibilities, that ICT Officer will define and implement ICT policies, procedures, and best practices. The ICT Officer is responsible for providing technical ICT support to the Project. The Person will be in charge of other ICT staff especially the ICT Assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure standardization and SOPs in place for the FCA Rwamwanja and Kyaka programs about ICT.
· Ensure an effective Mondo Digital Competencies Program is undertaken as per the donor documents and guidelines.
· Facilitate, follow up and supervise Mondo digital competencies program trainee trainings in Rwamwanja and Kyaka II vocational training centers;
· Provide an overview, proof of participation, feedback forms, pre- and post- assessment results and module assessment results from participating trainees. Ensure that the data from collected forms is entered into electronic form and submitted to Mondo;
· Facilitate, follow up and supervise of 6 motivational speakers speeches to trainees;
· Ensure the selection and distribution of start up micro grants for the 20 best trainees by donor guidelines;
· Ensure the visibility of Estonian Development Cooperation and Mondo in Rwamwanja and Kyaka II computer labs by placing information signs with logos on the walls.
· Ensure timely project reporting according to partnership agreement.
· Be the FCA Uganda Country focal point for ICT and contact person for ICT needs.
· Implement FCA’s ICT policies and guidelines at Country office level
· Ensure system security is up-to-date.
· Ensure that network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained for all the computers in Kyaka and Rwamwanja.
· Implement and update a data disaster recovery plan (back up)
· Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals.
· Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
· Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements whenever required.
· Provide ICT support and trainings to ICT staff and vocational learners.
· Provide support in the procurement processes of ICT equipment.
· Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) ICT Officer job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems)
· A minimum of three years of experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Fluency in English
· Good knowledge of education technology and connectivity options in Uganda and different solutions available.
· Knowledge of platforms and apps for vocational training interventions is an advantage.
· Good interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
· Able to maintain confidential information.
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
Deadline: 17th March 2021
NB: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks.