The IELTS award is attracting outstanding candidates from eligible given countries with the motivation to develop their career for the academic session 2020-2021.
There are ten awards available and aims to support students who demonstrate their ability to contribute to society through their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience
The British Council is a British organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities. It is a charity registered in England and Wales and Scotland and is governed by Royal Charter.
Why should apply for this prize? By joining this program, students can improve their English as well as communication skills. Here they will gain real experience of professional environments and equipment within the University’s specialist learning facilities.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
- Organization: British Council
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: £3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Ten
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students from Colombia, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates or Uzbekistan.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- be 18 years or above
- live in the country you’re applying from
- have taken IELTS with British Council between January 2019 and February 2020
- have an overall IELTS band score of 5 or above
- be applying for a first-year under/graduate degree in Fall 2020/Spring 2021
- be applying to an institution that requires IELTS as part of its admission process.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All the interested candidates must complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
- Supporting Documents: IELTS Test Report Form, recent passport size photograph, passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries and special requirements certificate (if applicable).
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a minimum overall band score of 5 and attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
The British Council will provide a prize amount of £3,000 for ten lucky IELTS test takers.