Job Title: Finance Manager
Three Green Apples Consulting Limited is a consulting practice providing transformational human resource management services which seeks to recruit for its client, a Uganda based food processing company.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for formulating and implementing sound financial accounting policies, procedures and systems that ensure effective control and accountability of the company’s resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial accounting function, including working capital management, tax planning, supplier payments, cost management, treasury management, etc.
- Control, approve and monitor expenditure against approved budgets. Create cost control initiatives and investigate variances and provide insightful and value-adding analysis and recommendations.
- Safe custody of company financial records including maintenance of Fixed Assets Register.
- Oversee the preparation and interpretation of financial reports and ensure they are compliant to all statutory, professional and corporate accounting and reporting standards and undertake trend analysis.
- Manage internal and external audit queries to ensure they are effectively resolved.
- Represent the Finance Director in reporting on the company’s performance to stakeholders
- Steer the finance team and develop them into a high performing engaged unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field.
- The applicant must be a qualified accountant either CPA (U) or ACCA with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, with at least 3 years in a management/ supervisory position preferably in an FMCG/manufacturing environment.
- The incumbent should also be a seasoned finance manager with experience working in various aspects of finance including business planning, financial and management accounting, tax planning, cash management, audit liaison, etc..
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS and Taxation issues
- Highly analytical, organized, conscientious, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, an enthusiastic, pragmatic and energetic hands-on individual who can work with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Sage accounting software, and advanced level use of MS Office applications and Baan ERP.
- The applicant must be a Ugandan National
Remuneration: A competitive salary will be offered for this position, negotiable dependant on experience and demonstrable contribution.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line and attach a copy of your updated resume together with details of your current salary and benefit package at the web link below.
Please Note: We do not charge individuals any fee to accept or hold their applications in our database. We therefore do not accept any applications from agencies who charge their clients for submitting their resumes.
Deadline: 8th November 2014