Job Summary: The Information Technology Security Manager will define and execute the Information Technology (IT) Security Management Strategy within IT Shared Services and across outsourced vendors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishment, nurturing and optimisation of the IT Security Management disciplines and processes; ensuring that required tools are deployed and configured to support these processes.
- Accountable for the Information Systems (IS) Availability Management across all the IS services as listed in the service catalogue.
- Accountable for all IS Security Management reporting.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of the Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) programme.
- Accountable for the communication and training required to ensure that IS Security Management processes are understood and performed effectively by IS support groups across IT Shared Services and its outsourced partners.
- In charge of the development and management of the IS security of IT Shared Services’ managed service maintenance contracts against agreed SLAs. The resource will also work with both customers and IT equipment suppliers to develop the managed service business.
- Oversee all the services procured from the IT End User Support outsourcing partner.
- Accountable for internal IS customer relations of all end users of IS equipment
- Ensure that IT audit practices comply with company procedures and government regulations.
- Responsible for the follow-up and closure of audit items as defined by Business Risk Management; and to ensure that Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) relates with and resolves all audit issues.
- Ensure continual IT risk compliance.
- Actively facilitate and conduct vulnerability assessments to ensure continued service quality and risk reduction.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Five or more years related’ experience – project management experience and a sound understanding of security standards and best practice within operational environments
- Project communication planning and management experience
- The ideal candidate should hold a strong, functional knowledge of Information Systems
- Professional COBIT or other recognised security certification
- Past experience in creating complex project communication materials; and reporting on project status, budgets and results
- Financial acumen and analytical skills
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Risk assessment and management capabilities
- Project communication planning and management, including budgeting
- Service level agreement management skills
- Skills in Conflict and decision making management
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their job applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, IT Shared Services, MTN Plot 77, Yusuf Lule Road, opposite Garden City Shopping Mall, Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While our company appreciates your interest in working with us, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 10th October 2014 by 5:00pm.