Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and/or review Payment Vouchers (PVs) to ensure that they have genuine supporting documents like distribution lists, contracts and other required process-documents
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in meeting control objectives and Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
- Follow up and confirm if procurements are conducted as per the policies and procedures
- Review Project Implementation documents/reports and countercheck to confirm if projects are implemented as agreed between Donors and LWF Uganda
- Conduct audit and/or investigations alone or with other internal audit staffs accordingly
- Conduct Risk Assessment to confirm how well the risk assessment and management, the internal audit controls and governance management processes are working
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit reports to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the Senior Internal Auditor
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements
- Any other duty that might be assigned by the Senior Internal Auditor, and or the Country Representative.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Internal Audit Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Quantitative Economics, Business Statistics or Business Computing from a recognized institution
- Strong analytical skills with keen interest in details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work on his/her own with minimum supervision
- Strong IT skills and good knowledge of all MS Office applications especially Excel, Word, Internet, etc
- One year of experience in auditing in a reputable organization
- Age: Between 25 – 29 years old.
How to Apply:
Applications (motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae in English), with the names and e- mail addresses of three persons who know the applicant professionally, should be sent via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Please use the title of the job you are applying for as the subject line. Hand delivered applications can also be sent to our Offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P.O. Box 5827, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 8th October 2018