Job Title: Internal Auditor – Technical
Uganda National Roads Authority has received funding from the World Bank to undertake road development for the Albertine Region, North Eastern Road Network Maintenance Project and also to strengthen the Directorate of Internal Audit.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor – Technical will be responsible for preparing and implementation of technical audit plans for maintenance and development projects while taking due regard of UNRA processes and procedures as well as best practices with a view to determine whether there is Value for Money. The performance of the post holder is reflected in the effective and timely execution of technical and other audit assignments in the Directorate of Internal Audit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and regularly updates technical audit guidelines and procedures that will cover all aspects of the project cycle from project inception, technical studies, procurement, supervision, crosscutting issues and implementation.
- Performs planned and ad hoc inspections of road works and monitor compliance with standards and procedures and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Analyses data and relevant information (including audit leads) on UNRA processes and procedures, and monitor that corrective and preventive actions are undertaken particularly with regard to none and/or under performance. This also includes identification of cardinal activities for detailed technical audits.
- Intuitively reviews ongoing contracts for services and works to determine compliance with contract agreements, quality of deliverables and adherence to the applicable policies, rules, regulations and laws.
- Actively engages with UNRA Staff, contractors and consultants to define and inform them of scope of technical audits.
- Examines on a regular and ad-hoc basis financial documents, statements, records and other reports, relating to ongoing works projects for their accuracy, prudence and Value for Money.
- Recommends improvements in performance of works projects in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performs such other related duties as may be signed by the Audit Manager, from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The applicant must hold a degree in Civil Engineering obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning. A post graduate qualification related to highway engineering would be an added advantage.
- The person must at least be a corporate member of a recognized professional engineering body (Attach copies of the certificate of membership as proof).
- A minimum of five years’ road sector experience is required including preparation, feasibility, design and implementation of road development and maintenance projects.
- Any previous technical audit experience/ monitoring of road projects will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications accompanied by:
- A capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the post and illustrated personal experience;
- Copies of testimonials (the applicant must endorse on each copy of the submitted testimonials);
- Detailed curriculum vitae duly signed by the applicant on each and every page and showing previous positions held;
- Current salary;
- Three referees; and
- Postal addresses and day telephone contacts of applicant should be submitted to:
The Executive Director
Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Plot 5, Lourdel Road, Nakasero
P.O. Box 28487
Deadline: 31st October 2014 by 17:00 Hours.