Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda. UETCL envisions: “To become a leading strategic business partner in the transmission and Single Buyer Business and to support sustainable energy development in Uganda”
Job Summary: The Inventory Accountant will be responsible for reconciliation of stock delivered and issued for Company operations from physical to stock cards, stock cards to the Inventory Control Module and to the General Ledger. The jobholder will also take charge of the quarterly and end of year physical stock taking.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the quarterly and year end stock exercise of all Company stores and reconciliations thereafter to the physical stock cards, the Inventory Control (IC) module and the General Ledger.
- Monitor all inventory transactions and reconciliation of inventory related accounts in the general ledger.
- Compile and submit stock take reports at the end of every stock count and reconciliation reports to the IC and Ledger Accounts.
- Confirm all Combined Requisition and Issue Vouchers (CRIVs) entries into the Inventory Control and forward it for posting in the ledger Account.
- Guide the Senior Accountant Disbursements of any reconciliation issues and how to address them.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in either Commerce or Business Administration or Accounting or Stores Management from a recognised University.
- Possession of professional qualifications i.e. CPA (U), CPA (K), ACCA etc will be an added advantage.
- Past exposure and experience in Sun Accounting packages specifically Inventory & Purchase Order. Processing Modules or equivalent accounting packages is essential.
- Extensive experience in stores/inventory reconciliations and stock taking.
- The applicant must demonstrate a background of good supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and Communication skills.
- The jobholder must be able to withstand stressful work situations and have willingness to work long hours outside the normal hours.
- Possession of a valid National Driving Permit is desired.
- A person of high integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualification certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, fax or e-mail and giving three (3) referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
- O. Box 7625
Deadline: 17th October, 2014.