Job Title: Accounts Officer
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engaged in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhavani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for dealing with banks, accounts payable, out- growers farmers accounts for cane supply, receivable and general accounting.
- Reconciliation of accounts including bank reconciliations under on-line SAP environment with 150 users on SAP.
- Preparation of cash flow statements, annual budget and Management Information reports.
- Compliance of statutory requirements for VAT, Excise Duty, PAYE, Income Tax and NSSF.
- Liaise with Internal and Statutory Auditors, supervision and control of the day-to-day functioning of the Accounts Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold any of the following qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce, Masters in Business Administration (Accounting), CPA or ACCA.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in a similar working environment, with a thorough knowledge of SAP FICO Module.
- Candidates having FICO Certification will have an added advantage.
- Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant for the above post.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees to:
Mr. Moses H. Thenge,
Human Resources Manager,
Kakira Sugar Limited,
P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th September, 2019