ENVIRONMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT (EFD) PROJECT MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, UGANDA
About the Project
The EfD initiative is a global network of environmental economics research centers. We contribute to effective management of the environment in the global south through applied research, Institutional Development, Academic Training and Policy Interaction.
EfD was established 2007 and today, EfD consists of over 160 accomplished environmental economists with many different specializations, who are active in leading local academic research institutions. EfD has 15 centers across the world, in Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Nigeria, Sweden, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, USA and Vietnam.
The network is coordinated by the EfD Secretariat, a special Unit at the School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
The secretariat serves the EfD centers with research management, central communication functions, core support management and administration, and acts as an incubator for policy interaction issues to share experiences between the EfD centers and other relevant actors.
EfD-MAK is a newly established center in Uganda with its offices at Makerere University. The center will start its full operations in the new financial year 2019/2020. The center is therefore looking for suitably qualified applicants to fill the following positions.
JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Reports to: Centre Director
Duty Station: Makerere University Kampala, Uganda
• Providing support in the design, planning, and implementation EfD-MAK Communication and Visibility strategies and plans.
• Coordinate the implementation of visibility, communications, and outreach activities with different stakeholders.
• Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of Project research agenda and achievements;
• Track progress against established work plans and outputs on communication and visibility strategies;
• Write and/or disseminate press releases, policy briefs, pamphlets, talking points, speeches, editorials, branded materials, and other written communications materials;
• Develop and support management relationship with members of the media;
• Design and maintain a digital presence, including robust social media footprint for the Spotlight Initiative.
• Any other duty as assigned by the EfD Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in Media communication or public relations or journalism.
• A least five years proven relevant experience.
• Ability in design, photography, videography and social media campaigns.
• Skills in office software packages, web based management and knowledge management systems.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others.
How to apply
All applications should be addressed to: The Director, EfD-Makerere University, Plot 51 Pool Road, P.O. Box 7062 Kampala. Uganda
The complete applications (letter, CV, copies of academic documents & Referees recommendation) should be hand delivered to the Office of the Human Resource, COBAMS or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
NB: All Applications should clearly indicate the JOB TITLE and names of at least two (2) referees, one of the referees should be your current or most recent employer.
CLOSING DATE: 19th July 2019 at 5pm