Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 affiliates networked together in more than 90 countries committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. To achieve this, we support local projects in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We implement our programs by working with local NGO partners and civil society organizations and engaging with private sector and governments. Oxfam employs over 6,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries. In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Resilient Livelihoods, Governance and Accountability and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will manage front desk operations for the Oxfam Kampala and is charged with promoting Oxfam’s image in a professional manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides efficient administrative support to the management of the Kampala office.
- Maintains an attractive, pleasant and neat front desk area.
- The incumbent receives and assists visitors to the office courteously, answering queries and providing information while being as prudent as possible.
- Takes messages for staff not in office
- Organises office notice boards at the reception area, inside and outside the entrance to the office, regularly displaying important and useful information for the attention of members of staff and visitors.
- Effectively manages office telephone communication in a courteous manner by receiving all incoming telephone calls, recording and distributing incoming messages for staff and making official phone calls on behalf of staff
- The jobholder manages flight and accommodations bookings in a timely manner and coordinates all visitor schedules within Kampala
- Offers technical support to HR department during recruitment process such as inviting candidates, preparing interview venues, administering forms
- Manage the office supplies store by ensuring that there are adequate stocks, arrange replenishment on a timely manner and produce a monthly stock report
- Issue cheques from the finance department ensuring that receipts are received in return and passed on to the finance department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Oxfam Administrative Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in administration or any other relevant field
- At least two years’ experience in Office Administration in a busy work setting
- Previous experience in Stores/ inventory Management
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in Ms Word and Ms Excel packages.
- Good oral and written English
- Pleasant and courteous personality, cooperative
- Good planning and organization skills
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in writing, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae (Not exceeding 2MB) to the Human Resource Manager at Oxfamugandafirstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate the position name in the email subject line.
Deadline: 25th August 2017