Organisation: National Planning Authority (NPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref No: NPA/ADV/03/2017
Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer
The National Planning Authority (NPA) was established by an Act of Parliament No.15 of 2002 in compliance with article 125 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995). Accordingly NPA is the principal statutory agency responsible for the management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda. The primary function of the Authority is to produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, Long and Medium-term Plans.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will assist the Department of Human Resource and Administration in coordinating administrative, logistical and Travel activities of the NPA
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with maintaining Authority premises, furniture, equipment, generator and vehicles
- Assist in the Distribution of office equipment and furniture
- Ensure collection and filing of the Authority’s utility bills
- Ensure onsite inspection of vehicles under servicing or repairs
- Participate in the management of the authority’s fuel on assignment
- Ensuring that airtime and telephone bills are prepaid for operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring use of departmental work plans and operational budgets;
- Records, compiles, and distributes minutes of meetings;
- Assist in the acquisition of visas and foreign travels, coordinates and arranges external travel
- Receive a copy of travel approvals from any of the following offices: – Chairperson, Executive Director and or PDU
- Receive copies of bookings from the Procurement and Disposal Unit (Response For Quotation- RFQ
- Receive the approved travel evaluation reports from PDU and Submit requests of payments for the respective travels
- Keep copies of records paid air tickets obtained from PDU and the Department of Finance and Accounts
- Follow up, receive copies of signed back to office reports submitted to ED
- Follow up on accountabilities for submitted to the ED and file copies
- Receive and file copies of boarding passes
- Compile and submit monthly reports on official travels undertaken or not by the Executive Board Members, Management and Staff. Copies be availed to Executive Director, PDU, Manager HR and Administration
- In the absence of or with the SAO, and or AAO process official VISAs
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the responsible officer (s) Qualifications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Planning Authority (NPA) Administrative Officer job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree any of the following fields is a must; in Master of Business Administration (MBA), relevant Masters in Management i.e General Management, Public Administration and Management, Development Studies, Organizational Development.
- Hons Degree in Social Sciences, SWASA, or related but relevant area
- A certificate in Administrative Law is a must.
- Other Post-Graduate qualification in relevant field will be taken as additional advantage.
- Membership to a professional body will be considered as an advantage
- At least five years of exposure, experience and substantive knowledge in administration, in a reputable development-oriented institution/organization involving management and administration of cross-functional activities
- Demonstrated and varied experience and substantive knowledge in applying policies related to administration and management, Transport or fleet Management, and Utilities.
- Experience Government Systems, operations, budgeting, accountability mechanism, and reporting and coordination mechanisms a requirement.
- Experience in contract management, transport management, handling motor vehicle repairs, coordination of maintenance of office buildings will be considered.
- Other attributes:
- Industrious and self-driven
- Ready to work long hours
- Track record of high Integrity
- Computer literacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be result oriented
- Strong team player with leadership skills
- Age: Between 25- 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send two sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae clear phone and email contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts should be directed to: The Executive Director, National Planning Authority, P.O. Box 21434 Kampala Uganda; Planning – House Plot 17B Clement Hill Road.
- The preferred method of applications delivery is physical delivery through the NPA Front Desk / Reception. However, postal applications are also allowed provided they are received before the deadline indicated below
- Shortlisted candidates shall be notified through their email addresses and phone contacts indicated on the application or CV.
Deadline: Thursday 21st December, 2017 by 16:55 hours.