Job Title: Business Development Assistant – Agency
Organization: Britam Insurance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Business Development Manager Agency
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the East African region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking and Property.
Job Summary: The Business Development Assistant – Agency will be responsible for offering support to the Assistant Business Development Manager Agency for the consistent growth of sales in the Channel.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Britam Insurance Business Development Assistant – Agency job placement must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration (marketing option preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (COP, ACII,) is added advantage
- Two to five years of sales /Marketing/Finance/Administration experience
- Previous experience in Customer care
- Extensive knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- High degree of integrity,
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations:Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document. Please also indicate the vacancy as the subject of your email.
Deadline: 28th May 2018