Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
Organization: Action for Community Development (ACODEV)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Action for Community Development (ACODEV) is a regional NGO that was founded in 2003 and runs Integrated Community Development Programs in Public Health, Human Rights, OVC support, Livelihood and Grassroots Capacity Development programs including sub-granting for small grassroots organizations in East and now Southern Africa region.
About BERGESTROME FOUNDATION Project:
ACODEV through partnership with BERGESTROME FOUNDATION is launching a 3 year project in five refugee settlements in Adjumani District. The project focuses on promoting an informed and voluntary use of family planning services by women and men between 15-49 years by strengthening capacity of Village Health Teams (VHTs) to provide Quality Community Based Family Planning Services and Health Workers (H/Ws) to provide Quality Facility Based FP services particularly LA/PMs in the target sub-counties to deliver quality Family Planning services. The project will support Family Planning commodity supplies as well as creating an enabling environment to sustain delivery and utilization of quality Family Planning Services in the District of Adjumani.
Job Summary: The Finance & Administration Officer is responsible for the day-to-day general financial and administration of the organization, assisting Finance Manager and supporting the programme team in enforcing financial compliance to the donor reporting guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial reporting and auditing
- Liaise with ACODEV finance and administration staff on the timely provision of monthly financial reports. Support ACODEV accounting staff at the regional office with reporting as required.
- Support the Finance manager with the preparation of ACODEV financial records for annual auditing processes.
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, prepare monthly financial reports and activity based budget versus expense project reports for the Project manager.
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, prepare monthly updated budgets of different projects for the project coordinator.
- Petty Cash and Banking
- Track monthly office petty cash expenditure and prepare petty cash reconciliation statements for sign off by the project coordinator.
- Check and reconcile cash requests from ACODEV staff and liaise with Project Coordinator on outstanding administrative issues.
- Prepare and manage in a timely manner, payment orders for pending invoices to be paid by ACODEV.
- Prepare office petty cash requests for sign off by the Project Coordinator
- Conduct monthly cash counts including petty cash and documented with a cash count certificate signed by the project coordinator.
- Maintain accurate banking records, perform bank payment orders and deal with bank on all financial matters.
- Provide general financial support as required for the office management and for the projects.
- Maintain a strong financial filling system and manage filing of financial documents in both hard and electronic form.
- Assist Finance & Administration manager in the procurement of equipment and supplies for the project office in Adjumani, ensuring strict adherence to ACODEV procurement guidelines.
- Oversee the booking of accommodation for ACODEV staff travelling to & from Adjumani for field activities as required.
- Ensure the timely submission of staff travel advance requests and timely disbursement of travel advances to staffs.
- Support the Human Resources Service to manage project staff leave records by ensuring that leave requests are submitted and filed in a timely manner.
- Other duties as may be requested from time to time by Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Statistics with a Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management and other relevant disciplines;
- Three years’ experience in a Finance and Administration role with similar responsibilities;
- Previous experience working NGO an advantage;
- Strong computer skills and experience working with accounting software;
- Experience liaising with a range of stakeholders regarding financial issues;
- Good team player;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative;
- Keen attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Honest, meticulous, responsible and well organized;
- Strong work ethic and commitment to financial accountability and transparency.
- Fluency in English and (both oral and written);
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are requested to send their applications addressed to the Executive Director, ACODEV Plot 98/99 Masoli 600m off Gayaza Rd, Wakiso District. Applications should be sent via email (Not more than 2MB) to; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send application letter, CV & Biodata Form Only, Download Here, – Academic documents are not required at this stage). The application should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, and also state names and addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work.
Deadline: Friday, 27th April 2018