Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Organisation: Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Funding Source: UNHCR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international African humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn, East & Central Africa by implementing WASH, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Community service & development and Protection programs in the region for a period of more than 20 years.
About UNHCR Project:
HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR in Uganda is implementing a multi-sectoral Program for refugees in Oruchinga settlement (Isingiro district), Nakivale settlement (Isingiro district) and Nyakabande Transit Center (Kisoro district).
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will be providing financial and administrative related support to HIJRA Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor expenditure of various projects and ensure timely submission of financial reports.
- Constantly review financial requirements and forecasting of expenditures.
- Establish monthly cash requirements for the office and request timely replenishments from the Regional Office.
- Work closely with and keep close contacts with the local banks, manage all accounts and observe local foreign control regulations.
- Manage funds and financial assets of the organization Office.
- Manage the delivery of monthly reports and feedback on budget accounts.
- Co-ordinate the budget preparation and financial plans and conduct budget reviews
- Coordinate and manage the monitoring and approval of budgets versus expenses and ensure accurate accounting, authorisation and internal control procedures.
- Manage and oversee the cash management process to ensure its safeguarding and proper disbursement.
- Manage and review the monthly close of the accounts and Monitor cash flows
- Prepare the monthly financial results to ensure effective communication of results to the management and provide the management with regular financial analysis on numerous financial issues.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of all Finance, and Administration procedures and processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the HIJRA Finance and Administration Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration;
- At least five years’ experience in Finance and Administration from a reputable organization.
- Prior management and accounting for INGO.
- Demonstrated high sense of personal integrity
- Experience in working with donors.
- Must have knowledge of the management of payroll, taxes, audits and Projects Financial Management.
- Five years’ experience working with accounting software and well versed with other computer applications.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Application should be addressed to the:
Country Program Manager,
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA),
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Finance and Administration Officer.”
NB: Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.
Deadline: 3rd March 2018