Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAU) is the national professional accountancy body in Uganda, established by the Accountants Act. The Institute also has a mandate to conduct professional accountancy examinations in Uganda. The Institute is mandated to also:
- Regulate and maintain the Standard of Accountancy in Uganda.
- Prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer is responsible for payments and creditors management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Performs day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data.
- Generates payment advices and remits them to supplies.
- Reconciles the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Prepares band deposits and reconciles transactions.
- Research prior payments, allocations, and/or other queries as requested.
- The incumbent verifies discrepancies and resolves clients’ billing issues.
- Generate financial reports detailing accounts payable status.
- Builds and manages relationships with the Institute’s stakeholders and ensures that the highest levels of customer satisfaction are met.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ICPAU Finance Officer must hold a degree in accounting or Accounting Technicians Diploma or its equivalent.
- Experience is necessary but not a pre-requisite.
- Good oral and written communication skills,
- Proven ability to work as part of a team,
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities,
- Sound business knowledge
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should write to the address below describing how they qualify for the position quoting the Job Reference Numbers above. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your application should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references including at least two previous employers (if any), and functioning telephone numbers/e-mail addresses. Send your application with all the necessary documents quoting the job reference number to the address below or by email.
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda,
42 Bukoto Street, Kololo,
- O. Box 12464,
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17th August 2018