Job Title: Financial Control Manager (FCM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Financial Control Manager (FCM) will play a central role to develop adaptive financial control systems to support crucial functions within Accounting and Control & Advisory departments. The incumbent will also enhance Quality Management and provide accurate and relevant financial Management Information to the Management Team in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a strong IT-based system to generate reports out of the ERP and bookkeeping systems which facilitate the control and steering of GIZ countrywide reporting. Co-operation and exchange with the Financial Management Team in GIZ Head Office in Germany Monitor crucial aspects on a monthly basis and report on trends and challenges to the GIZ Management team.
- The Financial Control Manager will also work closely with the Head of Control & Advisory to support the Control & Advisory Department by assisting in the preparation of countrywide Internal Controls.
- The Financial Control Manager could participate and scale up his/her profile in Internal Controls, both by further developing methodologies and by practical application.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Five years of experience in this area of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Knowledge in Organizational development is of advantage
- Strong knowledge of IT based tools (primarily expert level knowledge of EXCEL or other data analysis tools)
- Deep understanding of financial process and accounting principles
- Proven strong analytical skills to set up criteria on which such analysis will be based and to present them in a quick to understand, intuitive way
- Being precise and accurate with a strong emphasis on delivering quality results
- Good presentation skills
- Command of German language is an additional asset
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs (max. 3 pages) and a cover letter (max. 2 pages) addressing the applicant’s motivation by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the subject heading as “Financial Control Manager.”
NB: Application and CV should be in one document.
Deadline: 15th April 2018