Job Title: General Services Officer Assistant
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Open To: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All agencies
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The General Services Officer Assistant supports the General Services Officer (GSO) on special projects in a supervisory role in any of the five General Services subsections and in day-to-day operations as directed. Efficiently running any of the following sections; Property/Supply, Motor pool, Customs & Shipping, and Housing. Serves as the manager of any of the three GSO subsections; Property, Motor pool and/or Customs and Shipping in the absence of the General Services Officer or the Assistant GSO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the US Embassy General Services Officer Assistant career opportunity hold a university degree in liberal arts, business administration or sciences OR 2 years of general college studies and 4 years of experience in general services office work is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a staff manager/supervisor is required.
- The applicant must be tactful, yet effective, in dealing with Americans relative to providing good customer service to ICASS customers.
- Must have advanced typing and computer skills, in particular, those dealing with spreadsheets and data organization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex USG database systems, such as Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS).
- Extensive working knowledge of Department of State or associated agency General Services and Facilities Maintenance regulations and procedures in general, and detailed knowledge of those instructions and procedures which apply to the assigned tasks.
- Language: Level 4 English ability (good working knowledge) is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
- Download a completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff, Download it Here.
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov
NB: Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment (No Zipped files, Links or Multiple Attachments) and should not exceed 10MB. Please clearly indicate the position number and title you are applying for on the DS-174 form.
Deadline: 28th February 2018
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.