Job Title: Legal Counsel East African Crude Oil Pipeline
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Job Summary: The Legal Counsel East African Crude Oil Pipeline will be responsible for providing timely legal opinions to Total to support the development of East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the selection and appointment of external counsels
- Assisting in coaching of stakeholders including Governments (Uganda and Tanzania), shareholders, partners, contractors and local communities as well as coordinating external Counsel work in this regard
- Supporting the commercial team in developing commercial agreements. Ensuring Total’s compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements in Uganda, Identifying potential legal/contractual risks and propose mitigation measures
- In charge of monitoring and analyse legislative changes which may have an impact of EACOP operations
- Developing and implement a compliance program in both competition and anti-bribery/fraud matter
- Drafting, reviewing and participating in the negotiation of agreements and other legal documentation
- Participating in structuring and developing the Project Financing of EACOP with the lenders and their external Counsel
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the TOTAL Legal Counsel East African Crude Oil Pipeline job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (minimum Upper Second), Diploma in legal practice, complementary training in oil and gas contracts, Project Finance
- Five years of legal experience, with minimum 3 years’ experience in an International Law firm in Oil & Gas and Project Finance Matters.
- Extensive knowledge and practice of business negotiation in Africa and non OCDE countries would be appreciated.
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th October 2018